Vision of the University
To preserve Shastric tradition and interpretation of the Shastras by establishing their relevance to the problems in the modern context.
Mission of the University
- To impart instruction in traditional Sanskrit lore with special attention to highly specialized branches. Apart from higher studies in Sanskrit literature, the University is also committed to high-level research in other language and literature of Asia which has a bearing on Sanskrit literature.
- Study of Classical Sanskrit and contemporary literature in Sanskrit.
- To enrich the knowledge of Sanskrit heritage.
- To interpret Shastras with special reference to the traditional interpretation of Veda-Vedanga and changes in contemporary thinking.
- To provide opportunities to scholars for higher studies in auxiliary components of Sanskrit viz. Jyotish and Vastu Shastra and also to identify some manuscripts to preserve for its critical analysis.