In 1989, Department of Electronics, Govt. Of India gave a joint project “CASTLE” (Computer Assisted Sanskrit Teaching/Learning Environment) to the University with JNU, New Delhi. After this in 1993, the University got another project “CALT” (Computer Assisted Language Teaching) from Department of Electronics. The University established a small working computer lab in 1989 for these two projects and introduced a computer course as an optional subject in Shiksha Shastri. Since then, the University has contributed and developed a lot in the field of computer technology. The UGC has approved the Computer Centre to the University in December, 2005. The University established a well-equipped Computer Centre in June, 2006 and the centre become functional in January 2007.
The Computer Centre provides quality service to the University community in computing facilities, learning, teaching, training, Research, e-mailing, website hosting, Development and Management etc. As well as the core IT systems, tools and services that keep the University running day-to-day and it helps researchers to get their valuable data analysed, extends Internet facilities in the University, enables access to World Wide Web and provides laboratory facility to the students of various courses. The centre caters the needs of the students, faculty and staff members of the University.
Function of computer Centre
- To provide a central computing facility with Network Server for all the students and staff of the University.
- To make the facility available and also offer possible assistance in conducting their research, analysing their data, etc.
- To organise and conduct short term courses for the students and staff of the University.
- To assist various Departments in the University in computerizing their activities.
- To establish, coordinate, maintain and administer campus-wide Network including Internet and allied services.
- To work as co-ordinating centre in networking with computer centres of other universities for exchange of expertise and software.
- To promote and also to undertake Consultancy/Contractual work relating to use of computer facilities or developing software on payment basis, for generating revenue for upkeep/upgrading of computer centre facilities, as per the Rules/Statutes/Ordinances of the University. Such work can be carried out either independently or as a joint venture with other professionals from public or private sectors.
- To keep track of the latest developments in Computer Hardware/Software/internet technologies and collect information, acquire and impart knowledge to the university staff, to collect and collate information/data to facilitate staff and students.
- To develop human resource in the field of Information and Communication Technology.
- To coordinate and extend support to various departments in the university to organize classroom teaching.
The centre provides the following other facilities:
- Telephonic Support service
- Teaching and learning through well Equipped Computer lab
- Virtual e-Class room cum Studio for production and recording of video lectures as per Syllabus.
- Computer training to Research Scholars and Staff
- High Standard of Campus security through CCTV Surveillance.
- Campus Wi-Fi Setup for all Students, staff, Guest house, Hostel and residential area.
- Support University admission and administration
- Computer Certification courses
- IT Services and consultancy