Prof. Devendra Prasad Mishra, Professor and Head Department of Veda is Proctor of Shree Lal Bahadur Shastri National Sanskrit University (Central University), New Delhi 16, since Shravan Shukla Shashthi Tuesday i.e. August 22, 2023. His glorious great grandfather late Pandit Vasudev Mishra, grand father late Shri Prabhu Nath Mishra, and father late Shri Nand Kumar Mishra were devotees of Bhagavata Dharma. His mother, Smt. Phool Kumari Devi is an incarnation of Bhakti
Dr. Mishra was born in a religious Brahmin family of Bhitari village situated on the bank of river Shonbhadra in District Reeva of Madhya Pradesh. He entered the field of Sanskrit after getting primary and secondary education in his village. He obtained his Aacharya degree in Veda, MA in Sanskrit and Hindi, PhD( Vidya Varidhi) and DLit( Vidya Vachaspati) from Avdhesh Pratap Singh University, Reeva, Madhya Pradesh. He has been honoured with an honorary degree of Sanskrit Mahamahopadhyaya by Hindi Sahitya Sammelan Prayag.
He started his career as Lecturer (Veda) in the Department of Veda, Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri National Sanskrit University, New Delhi-16 on 2nd July 2007, thereafter was promoted to the position of Associate Professor (Veda) and Professor (Veda). Now a days he is serving as the Head of Veda Department.
Specialization: Veda, Classical Sanskrit and Hindi Literature
- YAJURVEDE VAISHVIKA-CHINTANAM
- HINDI VYAKHYA OF KATYAYANA SHULBA SUTRAM written by SHREE MAHARSHI KATYAYANA
- NANDKUMAR CHARITAM (CHAMPU KAVYAM), HINDI TEEKA
* More than fifty research papers have been published in National and International
- KATYAYANA SHRAUTA SUTRAM written by MAHARSHI KATYAYANA.
- SHUKLAYAJURVEDIYA GARBHADHANAADI- SHODASH SANSKAR-PADDHATIVIMARSH.
• VEDANGA-VITHI, Half yearly Research Journal (Co- editor).
Research Supervisor: 07 PhD students have been awarded PhD degree under his guidance and at present 05 scholars are working for PhD under his supervision.
Dr. Mishra has attended more than 100 national and international seminars and workshops, wherein he presented research papers and represented his university.
- SHRESTHKRITI PURASKAR 2015-16 UNDER PRADESHIK VYAS PURASKAR OF MADHYA PRADESH GOVERNMENT.
- A LETTER OF HONOUR 2018 FOR HIS MEMORABLE CONTRIBUTION IN THE FIELD OF EDUCATION BY MADHYA PRADESH GOVERNMENT 2018.
- MAHARSHI YAJNAVALKYA PURASKAR 2017 FOR HIS APPRECIABLE ACADEMIC EDITORIAL WORK IN THE FIELD OF VEDA BY AKHIL BHARTIYA VIDWAT PARISHAD VARANASI.
Total 07 awards.
Professor Devendra Prasad Mishra is Nationally recognized as an expert in Ved-Vidya. At present, he is the Proctor as well as the Professor and Head of the Veda Department. Besides, He is a member of IQAC and convener of the Academic Council of the University for developing future academic plans and activities. He not only promotes the teaching and learning courses but also reinforces research and academic development. Professor Mishra is regarded among his colleagues and students for his quality research publications and academic pursuits.